Sydney Airport Information
The Kingsford Smith Airport in Sydney is located just 5 miles south from the Central Business District, and Travel Safe Bus Hire run regular airport transfer services to and from Sydney to the airport.
Sometimes known as Mascot Airport due to its local suburb, it is the longest continuously operated commercial and oldest commercial airport in the world. The airport has three runways and is a primary hub for Qantas and secondary hubs for Virgin Australia and Jetstar Airways.
The airport is the busiest in Australia, and in 2016 it handled nearly 42 million passengers and 326 hundred thousand aircraft movements back in 2013.
Today the airport operates 43 international destinations and 43 domestic flights. Terminal 1 is for international flights, Terminal 2 for domestic and Terminal 3 is used by Qantas and QantasLink flights. Sydney airport’s busiest international routes are Auckland, Singapore, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, Dubai, Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok. Whilst the most popular domestic destinations are: Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Perth, Cairns and Canberra. The most popular airlines flying out of Sydney Airport include Qantas, Jetstar, Air New Zealand, Virgin Australia, Emirates, Air China, Thai Airways and Malaysia Airlines.
- Terminal 1 - was opened in 1970 is is the main international terminal and accommodates 25 gates. With Pier B being solely for Qantas flights. Pier C is dedicated to Virgin Australia and all Star Alliance members.
- Terminal 2 - has 16 bays served by aerobridges and several remote bays for regional aircraft. Airlines that fly from this terminal are: FlyPelican, Jetstar, Regional Express Airlines, Tigerair Australia, Virgin Australia.
- Terminal 3 - is the domestic terminal which serves primarily Qantas.
Getting Between Terminals
Sydney airport’s domestic and international terminals are just a short bus ride from each other, and there are several ways passengers can transfer between the terminals. Depending on your connections and how much time you have available it is advisable that you check with your airline.
There are seven airport lounges situated around the airport for passengers who are qualified to use them.
- Air New Zealand - Level 3 near gate 59 at Terminal 1, open daily 6am-8pm.
- Emirates - Located after Customs near gate 58.
- Etihad - Two lounges on Level 1 and Level 3 open till 11pm.
- Qantas - Level 3 in Terminal 1, located after Customs, open till 11pm.
- Silver Kris - Singapore Airlines lounge is on Level 3 near gate 59.
- American Express - Terminal 1 on Level 3, and open till 11pm.
- Skyteam - Located in Terminal 1 at departure level, near gate 24.
If you are flying from Sydney airport and travelling to Scotland, then you will probably require an airport transfer from your Scottish destination to your hotel. Meadowpark Minibus Hire are your local group transportation partner in Scotland and are experts in airport transfer. Contact them today to arrange your airport transfer before you travel.