Gladiators – Heroes of the Colosseum in Brisbane
Gladiators is the very first international touring exhibition from the Colosseum in Rome and the Italian exhibition promoters Contemporanea Progetti and Expona. The tour also features relics obtained from other museums and institutions that have never exhibited before outside Italy.
Promising a trip back in time, this Australian exclusive exhibition at Queensland Museum features interactive games and displays that delve into the lives of Gladiators.
The exhibition is exclusive to Brisbane and its theme is to demonstrate historical fact from fiction about the fascinating legends of the Gladiators, who were the heroes of the ancient arenas.
For your group transportation requirements, Travel Safe Bus Hire with a driver in Brisbane will be able to provide you and make it more convenient for your family and friends to attend this event. Contact our friendly team to assist you and give you a free quote today.
The Queensland Museum show
The Queensland Museum show, which launched last 23rd of June with a fight demo by a local historical reenactment group, will be a fascinating glimpse into the gory world of gladiatorial combat but one that will be suitable for families. It will have an interactive element where you and the kids can play gladiators and there will be helmets and swords to try out, but not real ones! Find out the story of these gladiators to fight for their lives by entertaining and inspiring people of the Ancient Rome.
The exhibition will have four features: The origin of Gladiator games, The Gladiators story, The Colosseums and Amphitheaters of the Roman Empires, and a day in the arenas.
Artifacts that will be on display at Queensland Museum
- Dagger from the Barracks of the gladiators of Pompeii in bronze, iron, ivory, 1st century AD.
- Helmet of a Secutor gladiator
- Marble with floral motif from the Colosseum, 3rd century AD.
- Glass medallion with gold foil featuring a scene of Venatio, 4th century AD.
- More than 120 artifacts from ancient Rome will form part of the Queensland Museum's exhibition on gladiators.
- Bronze shin guard of a Thraex gladiator, 1st century AD. Terracotta statuette of a gladiator, 1st century AD.
- Bronze coin, circa 181 AD.
- Painted slab from the tomb "Andriuolo XXVII", travertine stone with painted surface, circa 340-330 BC.
- Terracotta lamp with double volutes and triangular beak, second half of 1st century AD.
Night Activities Schedule for the Strong Gladiators
A Night at the Museum – When the sun sets, explore our museum for a nighttime adventure.
Friday 7 July, 22 September, 27 October
- 5pm – 6pm Ground flr, entry gate: Grey Street – Playasaurus Place
- 5:30pm – 6:30pm Second flr, entry gate: Main Foyer Doors
After Dark (18+ event)
Friday 28 July, 1 September, 13 October, 3 November, 1 December
- 5.30pm - 9pm, Queensland Museum
Gladiators: The Heroes of the Colosseums will be running from June 23 to January 28, 2018. Tickets are now on sale; Visit the Queensland Museum to find out more.
If you have decided in going to this event with your family and friends, then Travel Safe Bus Hire are the perfect partner for your group transportation. Travel Safe Bus hire are the professionals for bus hire and coach charter in Brisbane area.