Pacific School Games
The Pacific School Games is organised and sponsored by School Sport Australia in partnership with the South Australia Tourism Commission, and Events South Australia.
The vision is to organise and stage the world’s best multi-sport school competition for both Australian and International students.
The Games try to deliver an exceptional sporting occasion to give a life-long experience to all competitors. This includes sport, cultural, educational and above all else social.
The objectives laid down were:
- To attract competitors in a friendly international competition.
- To partner with both national and state organisations to deliver an international standard occasion.
- To provide competitors with leadership opportunities in various roles.
- To provide economic growth and tourism in Adelaide.
- To showcase the sponsors and partners.
- To provide opportunities for South Australian communities and businesses to be directly involved in the Games.
- To present the Pacific School Games in a world-class manner.
Logistics and Requirements
The basic issue concerning transport logistics was the safe and accurate service delivery of approximately fifteen separate groups that had similar itineraries.
The TravelSafe Solution
TravelSafe found the best solution was to reuse vehicles for different groups, this would enable the best possible pricing as there did not have to be a dedicated vehicle for each individual group.
Thus cutting the cost of the operator, and with the additional benefits of a single point of contact for all groups, plus a comprehensive management of the whole event from a single service provider.
Using TravelSafe as the transport services supplier expedited the exact needs of Pacific School Games, and helped to drastically reduce costs.